MOTIF MONDAY AGAIN! NO. 7.
Find this pattern here on Ravelry ...Mesmerising Mandala and coasters
Mandala’s are so popular right now and the designs are just gorgeous! After last week’s Carnivale motif, I just couldn’t help continuing with the colourful theme. I’ve had fun with the motifs and come April, there will be a new weekly design idea to make!
*TIP: if you want to print out the pattern, copy it to a word doc, delete the pictures you don't need, and then print the text. Sorry but I'm still working out how I can download a PDF as well as the pattern with images to Ravelry. :-(
8ply yarn - 7 colours 4mm hook tapestry needle
Diameter - 30cm
Diameter - 30cm
4dtrcl – 4 double treble cluster
1. Wrap yarn or thread around hook 2 times before beginning the stitch, insert hook
in stitch, pull a loop through, wrap yarn over hook and draw through two loops,
(there are now three loops remaining on the hook), yarn over hook and draw through
two loops (leave remaining loop of the treble on the hook, which makes a total of two
loops on the hook).
2. Working in the same stitch, make a second treble (leave the last loop of this treble on the hook also). At this point, there are 3 loops on the hook.
3. Repeat no. 2. At this point, there are 4 loops on the hook.
4. Repeat no. 2. At this point, there are 5 loops on the hook.
Wrap yarn or thread over the hook and pull a loop through the 5 remaining loops on the hook all at once. This completes the cluster.
NOTE - every row is the start of another colour.
1. Ch 5, * tr into ring, ch2, Repeat from * 6 more times. Join to 3rd ch of beg 5ch. Fasten off.
2. Sl st into next sp, ch5, 4dtrcl in same sp,, *ch8, 5dtrcl in next sp, repeat from * around, end with ch8, slst at tip of 1st cluster. Fasten off.
3. 10dc in each sp (80dc in round) Fasten off.
4-9. Dc in each dc. Sl st into next st. Fasten off.
10. *Dc in first st, 2dc in next. Repeat from * all around. Fasten off.
11. Dc all round. Fasten off.
12. *Dc in first 2 stitches, 2dc in next. Repeat from * all round. Fasten off
14. Treble all round. Slst into first tr. Fasten off.
15. Join yarn, *ch6, miss two stitches, dc into next stitch. Repeat from * all round. . Slst into ch3 of beg ch6. Fasten off.
16. Join yarn, *ch6, miss two stitches, dc into next stitch. Repeat from * all round. . Slst into ch3 of beg ch6. Fasten off.
Make coasters using rows 1-3 of mandala.
|coasters - don't stop at three...:-)|
The coasters are quick and easy to make.
Several joined together would make a light colourful scarf.
Have a happy week!