Sunday 9 April 2017

Yarn Stories - The Circus Series Range,hand dyed yarn!


🌟MORE  exciting news! 🌟

Postage  on yarn is now $10.00 overseas NOT $18.00!  (In actual fact, sending yarn from Australia  is $21.00 which is prohibitive so this is a huge bonus  and I couldn't be happier!  

Introducing The Circus from  myYARN STORIES range.  I will be releasing a new yarn every month! 

To purchase this yarn, click on the link  Lu Douglas Designs, Etsy



Yarn Stories, April

                                         
At last, it's happened!  The yarn is dried, the Circus tent is up and ready for business!  It’s been so much fun designing the yarn and just as exciting creating the accompanying art to advertise it! Look out on Instagram for some fun videos and photos!

The Story
To me, everything has a story, even if it is tracing the history of the yarn  or learning about the methods of dyeing from ancient times. I enjoy creating work for exhibitions in clay, paper and print and making stories about them, so why not do the same with yarn??

I fell in love with Lotus Yarns (http://www.lotusyarns.com/).  The New Sock and the Aran Cashmere blends are my choice because they are silky soft and knit and crochet up well. (*** Note that the Aran is 8ply (DK) not 10ply in the lotus Yarn range)

 Since socks are my passion,  THE CIRCUS Series  is fingering weight, hand dyed in Australia and ready to send all over the world!  Yes, postage is ridiculous everywhere  but there's a BONUS:

               You will receive one of my stitchmarkers or zipper pulls for your project bag FREE! (value $8.00)  with every skein of yarn purchased (One per order) for the duration of 2017, and there might just be another little surprise in there as well…J

 The Circus Range has one side dyed with bands of colour while the other is speckled – oh how I have grown to love speckled yarn!!!!!!!!!!  

I hope you find exciting ways to use my limited edition, hand dyed yarn,  The Circus.   Please use the hashtags   #yarnstories  #thecircusseries  and tag me @wildaboutyarn  for any of your posts on Instagram or Facebook.   Socks were  first on my list, what will be on yours – socks for you, socks for a family member, a hand knitted toy, a shawl?? 
 I can’t wait to see! 

Some great free sock patterns are:
Hermoine’s everyday  socks – Erica Leuder   (CUFF DOWN)   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hermiones-everyday-socks
Monkey Socks - Cookie A  (CUFF DOWN)
Vanilla Sock -Mary Lucas (TOE UP)
  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/so-vanilla-socks


Happy Circus days!

Lu x

No comments:

Post a Comment